Members of our laboratory group include Postdoctoral Associates, PhD students, MSME students, and undergraduates. A major emphasis of the lab group is making sure that all students (and post-doctoral associates), after graduation, find a position in academia or industry that they are excited about. Laboratory PhD, MSME, and Postdoctoral Alumni are noted below. For the PhD and Postdoctoral alumni, their current positions are listed. For the MSME alumni, their positions immediately subsequent to graduation are listed (many have moved on the other companies or positions).
- Ranganathan Gopalakrishnan, Transition Regime Collisions in Aerosols, July 2013. Co-advised by Peter McMurry. Current Position: Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN
- Derek Oberreit, New Instrumentation and Methods for Studying Heterogeneous Vapor Uptake by Aerosol Particles Ranging in Size From One Molecule to 10nm, October 2013. Co-advised by Peter McMurry. Current Position: Vice President, Research & Development, Kanomax-FMT, White Bear Lake, MN
- Thaseem Thajudeen, Mass, Momentum and Energy Transfer in Aggregated Particulate Media, December 2013. Current Position: Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology-Goa
- Hui Ouyang, Nanoparticle Growth and Transport in Gas Phase, July 2015. Current Position: Senior Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Texas-Dallas
- Seongho Jeon, Characterization Techniques for Aggregated Nanomaterials in Biological and Environmental Systems, June 2016. Current Position: Lithography Process Engineer, Intel Corp., Portland, OR
- Jikku Thomas (Chemical Engineering), Analysis of Particle and Cluster Characterization Methods used in Aerosol Science, October 2018. Current Position: Staff Scientist & Engineer, CT Associates, Eden Prairie, MN.
- Chenxi Li, Particle Formation, Growth, and Transport on the Molecular and Submicron Scales, November 2018. Co-advised by Peter McMurry. Current Position: Post-Doctoral Associate, Laboratory of Physical Chemistry (with Prof. Dr. Ruth Signorell), ETH Zurich
- Vinay Premnath, Charge and Momentum Transfer Processes for Gas-phase Nanoparticles, Plan A, May 2011. Position after Graduation: Research Engineer, Southwest Research Institute, San Antonio, TX
- Daniel Mascarenhas, Brownian Dynamics Simulation of Nanoparticle Deposition in Nucleopore Filters, Plan B, February 2011. Position after Graduation: Mechanical Engineer, Applied Materials, Santa Clara, CA.
- Santiago Ruiz-Valdepenas, Measurement of Evaporation of Singly Charged Silver Nanoclusters with a Tandem DMA System, Plan B, July 2012. Position after Graduation: Research Engineer, Dyson Ltd, Manchester, United Kingdom.
- Benjamin T. Hunt, Determination of the Single Fiber Filtration Efficiency for Spherical Particles via First Passage Time Calculations, Plan B, December 2012. Position after Graduation: Research Engineer, MSP Corp., Shoreview, MN.
- Seungkoo Kang, Determination of Dielectric Constant for Micro-sized Charged Particles by Unipolar Field Charging, Plan B, November 2014. Position after Graduation, PhD Student, University of Minnesota; advisor: David Pui
- David T. Buckley, Quantitative Time-Based Measurements of Aerosol Particles, Plan B, January 2018. Position After Graduation: Engineer, 3M, Maple Grove, MN
- Dr. Carlos Larriba Andaluz, April 2011 – April 2013, Postdoctoral Associate & Ramon Areces Fellow (Spain). Ph.D., Yale University, Mechanical Engineering, 2011. Current Position: Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis, IN
- Dr. Siqin He, August 2014 – November 2015, Postdoctoral Associate. Ph.D., Washington University in Saint Louis, Energy, Environmental, & Chemical Engineering, 2014. Current Position: Research Engineer, Kanomax FMT, White Bear Lake, MN
- Dr. Anne Maisser, September 2014 – December 2015, Postdoctoral Associate & Schroedinger Fellow (Austria). Ph.D., University of Vienna, Physics, 2012. Current Position: Research Engineer, The Cyprus Institute and Founder, Lemon Labs
- Dr. Eirini Goudeli, January 2017 – June 2018, Postdoctoral Associate. Ph.D., ETH Zurich, Mechanical & Process Engineering, 2016. Current Position: Lecturer, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia